Benefits and Rewards
We want to recruit the right people for our business and in return we offer our employees all the benefits and rewards you would expect from a large PLC, plus those little extras that really make a difference.
To give you an idea of how we thank our employees for their hard work and dedication we have included some examples below, there are too many to show them all!
All of our Retail Staff (Kitchen and Front of House) benefit from the following:
- 50% off food and drink when you're on a work break.
- 20% discount on food and accommodation at all of our pubs, after 3 months service. This also applies to anybody dining or staying with you.
- 28 days holiday per year.
- A pension facility.
- Continuous training and development opportunities.
Licensed Retail Managers
Our Licensed Retail Managers are entitled to several industry-leading benefits, including:
- Accommodation - In most cases you will be provided with accommodation free of charge in the pub where you work. This is a taxable benefit and as such will appear on your P11D. Where such accommodation in your pub is provided to you by the Company, payment will also be made for reasonable heat, power and light costs.
- Childcare Vouchers - Here at Marston's Inns and Taverns we aim to try and reduce the cost of your childcare provision to make life a little easier for you. The scheme which is run in conjunction with the Co-Operative Group, is available to all managers on commencement of employment, so long as your child is under the age of 15 (or 16 with special needs) and in registered childcare. Registered childcare can be things such as nurseries, child minders, out of school clubs and holiday play schemes.
- Bonus - In addition to basic salary, managers have the opportunity to earn bonus each year. The current bonus is payable quarterly and is based on achievement of budgeted licensee profit.
- Pension Scheme - All managers can join the Company’s Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP). As well as your contributions, the Company will also make its own contribution to your plan, providing a tax efficient way for you to save for your future retirement. If you join the Group Personal Pension plan at the first opportunity on joining the Company you will automatically be covered for the insured benefits of Free Life Assurance Cover (min. 3x salary) and Permanent Health Insurance Cover (subject to Insurer acceptance).
- Retail Partnership Agreement – this is a brand new contract available to managers in our community pubs. Your bonus is paid monthly and is based on a percentage of the pub's profits – and is uncapped. The more your pub takes, the more you will earn!